Friday, January 2, 2009

A look back...



Took a little blogging break and enjoyed the holiday season with the family. We were busy baking, crafting and playing. Here's a few of the Christmas treats we made. Christmas Peppermint Bark, Cinnamon Rolls, and Popcorn Balls.
The Christmas bark is just melted white chocolate and crushed up candy canes. I make this every year just because it only takes about 10 minutes.
I wanted to start a new Christmas breakfast tradition. So I spent some time looking for gooey cinnamon rolls that you let rise overnight in the fridge. They were delicious (maybe not Cinnabon quality) but definitely will be making them again next year.
Popcorn balls bring back lots of memories from band --yes, I was a band-geek and proud of it!!! We used to sell popcorn balls every year and had to spend many hours in the school cafeteria making them with our parents. I'm sure we were licking our fingers as we sampled them--(mental note-never buy homemade food gifts from teenagers)!!
The popcorn ball recipe was from Susan Branch's Christmas book. I read this book every year-I love it. Tons of recipes, decorating tips, crafts and other memory making ideas. I know I've talked about her books before-and this won't be the last time either-I LOVE them!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have a great cinnamon roll recipe, definitely cinnebon quality!