Friday, June 12, 2009

Herb Garden Supper


I joined a book club about 10-12 years ago and ordered this book, but never used it or really even looked through it. It is amazing!! All three of the things I made used herbs from my container garden I planted this year.


Rosemary Focaccia Bread, Grilled Vegetables and Tabbouleh. We made sandwiches with the bread and veggies and topped them with provolone cheese. The bread could have been a little thicker. I didn't read the whole recipe and ran out of time so I skipped the last 2 hour rise--still turned out-just a little flatter!


The Tabbouleh calls for Bulgar-but I needed some protein with the meal so I used quinoa instead. I stopped eating meat back in April ( after reading this book) and am always looking for meat-free ways of incorporating protein in my diet. So I'll probably be posting some of my creations here for you to try!

No comments: