Thursday, January 15, 2009

7 Random Things


I have been tagged by Amanda at Made in a Tree House. Here are 7 random things about me that you may or may not already know. To pretty much quote her, this might be annoying to read or just too much personal information. Just a warning...

  1. This is the most obvious one...I love to knit!!! My motto is "if I'm sittin--I'm knittin". I must sit alot-because I sure do knit alot!!! I don't know what it is about knitting. I've been told it's "yoga for the hands". It's relaxing. It's not so intense that I can't talk or watch tv while I'm knitting. I love to make gifts for people. Usually while I'm in the middle of a project I'm already thinking ahead as to what I'm going to make next. Call me crazy but I just LOVE to KNIT!!!
  2. I have played the flute for 30 years!!! Yes, I'm a bando, band- geek, what ever you want to call it. I am good at it too (nothing like tootin my own horn...or flute...hee hee). I went to district and regional contests, played solos, trios and quartets. Yup, you see me in a different light now don't ya?
  3. I'm addicted to the Nintendo DS. I mostly play Animal Crossing but I also like I Spy and any puzzle game. Madison & Kyle both have a DS, so I usually wait til they're in bed at night to play theirs-I could play it for hours!
  4. I like playing in the snow. Shoveling, hide and seek, making forts, igloos, snowmen...you name it-I just like being outside in the snow. Yesterday I sat in the swing holding our cat outside until my fingers were numb and we were covered in snow. I think it feels good to get outside in the winter. Helps fight the winter blues.
  5. I love coffee. Any type of coffee. Black, sweet, fancy, it doesn't matter. I always have 2 cups in the morning-freshly ground, then switch to tea in the afternoon. I like both the simple Tim Horton's coffee and the more robust Starbucks. My favorite is the Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha at Starbucks. It's like drinkin an Ande's Mint!!!
  6. I'm obsessed about my weight. Always have been-probably always will. I've never been a big fatty but always wish I was 10-15 lbs smaller, I guess. I remember in High School doing these crazy rice and fruit diets. I've tried Adkins, South Beach,, and Weight Watchers. I always go right back to my current weight. You'd think I'd learn by now?!?
  7. I can recite my ABC's backwards. Seriously. I went to school in Michigan for K-1st grade and it's something we were taught. Really...ask me...I can still do it!!!! Leave it to Michigan to teach things backwards!!!
The above random picture is a sweater I made my mom for Christmas which I am in the process of unraveling and reknitting using a different pattern. It turned out too small and overall just crappy. Updated picture soon!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I like your knitting motto...next time I see you I want to hear the ABCs backward!!!