Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lovin the Herbs!!!





This is my first attempt at an Herb Garden-I have to plant in pots because of our lack of sun--(I keep forgetting that I was the one that wanted all these trees). But I did find a little spot that seems to get enough sun. I planted Basil, Parsley, Oregano, and Cilantro. The basil is my favorite. These are my 2 favorite recipes using it.
Tomato Salad
1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
handful of basil leaves
olive oil
kosher salt and pepper
The Quintessential Pesto with Risotto
2 -3 tsp garlic
kosher salt
large handful basil leaves
2 heaping Tb pine nuts
1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
4 T olive oil
Risotto-cook as directed using broth then add pesto. This is a variation of the recipe in The Splendid Table's How to Eat Supper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yum! my basil got eaten by some weirdo bugs, too bad because I love tomato/mozz/basil salad!