Tuesday, July 8, 2008




Aren't these cherries beautiful? We picked them at the orchard down the road in the pouring rain. Actually it was fun-we were the only ones there and the cherries were all rinsed off for lots of tasting!!! We picked 5# in what seemed like 15 min. 5 pounds doesn't get you much-I made a cherry pie (my first) and had enough to freeze for 1 more later. The pie was yummy-it was on the cover of this month's Cooking Light. The best part was with the extra pie dough I made Sugar Pies. I don't know if my mom made this up or if it came from my grandma. My mom would save the little pie tins from pot pies and put a little milk, sugar, and cinnamon on the bottom. It makes a custard and completely reminds me of when I was little. I just used muffin tins. Has anyone else heard of these?

No comments: