Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oh how I've missed you, knitting!!

It felt so good to start a new knitting project! I've been watching my friend, Leslie, whip up these sweaters. They are adorable!! The pattern is The 5 Hour Baby Sweater .
But I'm thinking mine will be the 5hr and 35min sweater. I should never start knitting in the morning until I've had my coffee fix!! Madison left at 8:30 for volleyball camp (yes, I know she's growing up). So I sat down and knitted until Kyle woke up at 10. It was so quiet and peaceful in the house. I made my current favorite breakfast--1/4 cup old fashioned oats, 1/4 cup Grapenuts cereal , cover with milk and microwave 2 1/2 min. add a generous drizzling of honey...yum.
I didn't complete very much from my "to do list" yesterday. I did plant some basil, cilantro, parsley and oregano. I'll attempt some more next year if these grow well. We have limited full sun-so it's always a struggle for me to plant anything that needs much sun.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I just planted some herbs too! I'm trying them in containers so I can move them around with the sunshine!