Thursday, March 20, 2008

Madison's curtains

Here's the 99% finished product!! I still need to fix the tie-backs, they are just taped on and not secured to the wall. I'm still deciding whether to keep the pom-pom trim for tie-backs or to make something with the gingham material from the top valance. The picture really doesn't do them justice Madison picked out the fabric, tie-dyed panels and gingham valance. It looks great on a yellow wall. I wish I would have taken a "before" picture of her room. It was dark mauvey (did I just make up that word) pink with brown trim and tan carpet. Since she's now 10 and "double-digits", as she likes to remind us, we redecorated. Actually it's pretty much just been Chip doing the work. He painted the walls yellow and the trim white. He ripped out the carpet and installed a light oak wood floor. He's now working on a closet organizer. He didn't paint all the window sill since we're getting new windows soon. Blah blah blah...I'll post the finished room when it's done. See ya!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The curtais turned out good! I can't wait to see Madison'r new room.