Thursday, February 28, 2008

Grandma's Grapenut Bread

This is my favorite toast for breakfast. I don't know where my Grandma Blackman came up with this recipe but she's been making this for as long as I can remember. It doesn't have any fat in it so it's very dense. It's almost too dry to eat plain but if you toast it with a little butter...yum!!!
Here's the recipe---

Grandma's Grapenut Bread
1 cup Grapenuts cereal
2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
4 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Soak cereal in buttermilk. combine dry ingredients and then add eggs, vanilla and cereal mixture. Bake at 350 for 1 hour in 2 greased bread pans. you can add raisins to the batter also, but I never do.

1 comment:

karrie said...

I just had grapenuts for breakfast! I will definitely have to give this recipe a try.